January 2021 Update for Tax Season 2020
The office remains open and will be processing returns as normal. To keep staff and clients safe, our 2020 Tax COVID-19 procedures are as follows:
- Gather your slips and other associated tax information
- If you need to speak to someone regarding your taxes before you drop it off, call us at 905 563 0501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have a secure drop box at the rear of the building near the door, please leave your documents in it and include your name/phone number on the outside of the envelope
- You can always email your documents to email@example.com if you prefer
- If you need to schedule an in-person meeting, please call us to arrange this as we need to go through a screening process and this is done on a case by case basis
- When your return is finished, you will be contacted and given options for pick up by appointment or digital delivery by email
- We have a variety of payment methods available – Interac E-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org, directly on our website, credit card on the phone, cheque and we have a wireless point of sale terminal that can be brought out to your vehicle if necessary
- If you have questions about CERB/CRB and its impact on your taxes, please contact Chris by email – email@example.com
COVID19 – 2019 Personal Taxes Update
As per the Ontario government essential business list we are still processing income tax returns but the office is closed to the public. If you want to drop off your returns, please leave them in the dropbox beside the door and notify us via phone or email. Alternatively you can scan and email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be a delay in processing due to sanitization protocols and reduced staff. The official filing deadline has been extended until June 1 2020. Office hours are currently 10am to 4pm on weekdays until this crisis passes.
Returns will be emailed where possible and mailed if you cannot receive email. Please include your email address with your returns. Payments can be made directly on our website, via Interac E-Transfer to email@example.com, credit card over the phone (905 563 0501) or cheque in the dropbox. We are doing electronic signatures for e-file this year so no in-person signature is necessary at this time. If you need other arrangements please call ahead but understand for both your health and ours that we need to observe proper health protocols and social distancing.
If you need assistance filing ROEs, the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy or have questions related to EI/CERB please contact Chris via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call the office.
Is the deadline extended for HST and Source Deductions?
Update: March 27 2020
As per the CRA, GST/HST Payments can now be deferred until June 30 2020. We suggest businesses attempt to stay current however, it is just a deferral and it can be difficult to make up the payments later on. Please note this deferral does not apply to Source Deductions and other regular remittances which are still due on their regular deadlines. If you cannot make payments on time please reach out to the government to work out a payment plan and at least file on time to avoid late filing fees.