December 21 2021
Happy Holidays and warm wishes for the New Year! Please be advised that the office will be closed from December 22 to January 4th for the holidays. All payroll schedules and other filings will continue as normal. We will be checking email and voicemail periodically so leave a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
May 2021 Update
The 2020 tax season concluded on April 30 2021 for most taxpayers. People who are self-employed must file by June 15th 2021, please start to get your files together and submit them to the office as soon as possible. The Ontario government has extended the stay-at-home order until June 2nd 2021 so in-person meetings will not resume in the near future. If you need to book an appointment, please call us to schedule one and we will do our best to accommodate you on the phone or over Zoom.
January 2021 Update for Tax Season 2020
The office remains open and will be processing returns as normal. To keep staff and clients safe, our 2020 Tax COVID-19 procedures are as follows:
- Gather your slips and other associated tax information
- If you need to speak to someone regarding your taxes before you drop it off, call us at 905 563 0501 or email email@example.com.
- We have a secure drop box at the rear of the building near the door, please leave your documents in it and include your name/phone number on the outside of the envelope
- You can always email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org if you prefer
- If you need to schedule an in-person meeting, please call us to arrange this as we need to go through a screening process and this is done on a case by case basis
- When your return is finished, you will be contacted and given options for pick up by appointment or digital delivery by email
- We have a variety of payment methods available – Interac E-Transfer to email@example.com, directly on our website, credit card on the phone, cheque and we have a wireless point of sale terminal that can be brought out to your vehicle if necessary
- If you have questions about CERB/CRB and its impact on your taxes, please contact Chris by email – firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID19 – 2019 Personal Taxes Update
As per the Ontario government essential business list we are still processing income tax returns but the office is closed to the public. If you want to drop off your returns, please leave them in the dropbox beside the door and notify us via phone or email. Alternatively you can scan and email your documents to email@example.com. There will be a delay in processing due to sanitization protocols and reduced staff. The official filing deadline has been extended until June 1 2020. Office hours are currently 10am to 4pm on weekdays until this crisis passes.
Returns will be emailed where possible and mailed if you cannot receive email. Please include your email address with your returns. Payments can be made directly on our website, via Interac E-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org, credit card over the phone (905 563 0501) or cheque in the dropbox. We are doing electronic signatures for e-file this year so no in-person signature is necessary at this time. If you need other arrangements please call ahead but understand for both your health and ours that we need to observe proper health protocols and social distancing.
If you need assistance filing ROEs, the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy or have questions related to EI/CERB please contact Chris via email (email@example.com) or call the office.
Is the deadline extended for HST and Source Deductions?
Update: March 27 2020
As per the CRA, GST/HST Payments can now be deferred until June 30 2020. We suggest businesses attempt to stay current however, it is just a deferral and it can be difficult to make up the payments later on. Please note this deferral does not apply to Source Deductions and other regular remittances which are still due on their regular deadlines. If you cannot make payments on time please reach out to the government to work out a payment plan and at least file on time to avoid late filing fees.